March 01, 2019
Let’s create a heart button today.
Create a heart button such as:
Original design: Favorites by Yi Jung Lai.
- hovers to trigger a “highlighted” state, i.e., a different heart color, etc
- clicks to trigger a “pressed down” state
Box Model and Visual Formatting Model.
(Chapters 8 and 9 of Cascading Style Sheets Level 2)
Chapter 9 is a bit crazy, but very rewarding to read. Please be patient with it :)
- What are content box, margin box, border box, padding box, respectively?
- What is collapsing margin and what would you do to avoid it?
- What are containing blocks, block-level elements, and block boxes?
- What are positioned elements?
- Explain “normal flow” :)